View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ironman9292

Feeling the need to vent...

So im on day 16 now and have just experienced true ridiculousness! Im not looking for a relationship at this point in my life, I figure why complicate my recovery efforts. That being said, I had a text from a girl that wants to date me this morning.(she is a non-drinker) This is a person that went out of her way to express how much she cared about me a few days ago. I was honest and told her that now wasn't the best time and finally just flat out told her, "hey, im a recovering alcoholic and im trying to get my life right". So she had a few questions and asked how long I had gone without and how I knew that I had a problem. She seemed very genuine and compassionate so I answered her. When I answered she insisted that I was just confused and didn't have a problem.. So I explained myself in detail thinking maybe she didn't hear me the first time and she still insisted that I did not have a drinking problem.. She blamed it on my loneliness and depression.(which started as a result of me drinking heavily) LOL I wanted to ask her about buffalo wings and chicken of the sea tuna but decided to be nice.

-Frustration-