Old 08-06-2013, 04:13 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

OK, my friend the tile guy was just here. He definitely preferred the darker gray-green Formica. The lighter one looked OK, but it has more of a "plastic" kind of look, for lack of a better term. And he told me that the solid-surface costs almost as much as granite. I think I'm going with the gray-green with just a plain edge. He can actually make that and install it for much less money. If I decide I want a more expensive countertop later, or want to change my colors, it won't feel like nearly as big a deal to replace a laminate countertop as it would something I've spent a lot of money on. If I'm going to spend more money in the kitchen right now I'd rather replace the hardware on the cabinets, ya know? And maybe I'll do that, we'll see how much the electrician is gonna charge me for the wiring in the basement and stuff.

His thought, too, was to choose a black sink rather than white. Anyone have an opinion on that? I really don't want stainless steel--I hate the water spots and stuff they tend to get even when they are clean. The appliances are all black. I've never had a black sink, and it seems somehow weird to me.

Input?