View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 08:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Florence

For what it's worth, I only got counseling that one time. A couple of things to know is that a lot of treatment centers believe that us codies need to be cut out because the relationship is toxic. For a lot of us, I think that's true. Those centers that take a family approach, which I like but I think has its limitations, require you to be listed as an official contact.

My AH took me off his contact list when they started discussing things he didn't want me to know about, and if he thought I would share things with the counselors that he didn't want them to know.

When it comes down to it, you can't control the outcome of his rehab stay. Stop trying to sway this doctor or that, stop telling the docs how to do their jobs. Stay in your own lane. Clean up your side of the street.

Time will reveal how serious he is about getting better. You can't help him with that. You just can't. Use that time and energy and anxiety to clear the debris from your own life, so you're okay regardless of what he's doing.

xx