View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SuzieB

URGENT advice needed please!

I'll start with telling you that my 43 year old son is my urgent concern. He is an alcoholic and has been in re-hab 2x in the past.
He has been divorced 10 years and has no current female interest. He just recently came to live with my husband and myself after being laid off from his job out of state. When he got here, he was limping so badly and in pain, I insisted he see a doctor. He needs hip replacement surgery asap, but must see a heart doctor next week because he has an irregular heartbeat and cannot get cleared for surgery. His 43rd birthday is today (6th). Not a very good present! I found him with a bottle tonight that he bought when he went to the doctor today! He knows the rules. No drinking or out he goes. That was set before all the medical problems came to light. I am all he has. My husband is asleep so I haven't told him yet. What can I do now? How do I handle this? I am retired and my husband is between jobs right now too. My son his insurance to COBRA coverage, so that isn't an issue. Any input will be appreciated. Neither my husband or myself drink.