Thread: Time to Stop
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 12:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
zad83

Originally Posted by FreedomSought View Post

Hello zad. I will tell you I was very open about getting into recovery when I first started back in April. When I picked up pot 64 days later, still don't remember why, I had to try explaining to a few people why I was picking back up.

Anyway, I remember doing that, except with pot. If I'd be home alone, just pack a big fat bowl, get a smile on my face and goof off then nap or something. Get up take some more hits hit the resin if there was no plant material left.

I was bad at hiding my smoking like I was bad at hiding my recovery. As a matter of fact, I wanted everyone to know when I was smoking, I'd pretty much announce it, like "Woo I'm a little stoned" to my grandmother lol. I liked having the chance to defend my habit. But in that way my Gma and my Aunt helped me get in touch with recovery and quit.

If I had to be hush-hush about it that might be rough. Because speaking to someone in person helps a lot. Get a good head start on this site and see if you can park in a corner of the parking lot at a night meeting. Say you're going to check out a gym. You'll already be sober all you need to do is ask for a meeting list and numbers when you introduce yourself.

Well that's all I got. Hope it helps. I'm on day 7 back. Using the forums has made such a difference.
Thanks for sharing. I have found this site to be helpful just hearing about so many people going through similar situations. I would like to reach out to someone the more I think about it. I do think it would help... Best of luck to you too.