View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 09:17 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Jeni26

For me, and this is ONLY from my perspective, the staying in bed thing is a no-no and I will fight with everything I've got not to let that happen. When my kids were little, I suffered from real depression for many months, and I COULDN'T get out of bed. I use to drag myself up, do their meals, take them to school and then go straight back to bed. It was a very bleak time and the start of my real issues with drinking.

There is no way in the world I would want to go back there. I haven't come this far, got rid of the drink and the smoking, come off anti-depressants and undergoing some pretty intensive and gruelling therapy to let it all slip away.

Yes, I have my low times. I still get scared and anxious, and there are days when I worry my mental health issues will overwhelm me and I will never be able to experience emotions the way I think others do. But, I will do whatever it takes for that not to happen the same way as I was willing to do whatever it took to stop drinking.

My therapist tells me it's ok for me to take days to feel sad when I need to, but for me it's a slippery slope. I can feel sad and take a walk, or go to the gym. As long as I don't smoke or drink then that's ok, but I don't shut down completely. Exercise, and company can pull me out of it. I eat badly but not as a response to emotion. I just eat badly!

But I don't put myself to bed. But that's just me. Too many bad memories of not being able to get myself back up again.

Big hugs to you both. And where's Bloss? X