View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 06:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
MatildaRose

I am doing a 21 meditation challenge offered by Deepak Chopra and Oprah. You can join for free and details are on line and also on facebook.
Originally Posted by Louise82 View Post
Great thread. Apart from AA, I do have a number of other tools in my kit.

As a Christian, praying, reading the bible, going to church and listening and dancing to Christian music is very important to me.

I try to meditate every day by lying down on the floor, putting my legs up against the wall and focusing on my deep breathing. It's worked ok so far, but I'm now looking for other meditation ideas to help with my anxiety.

I'm trying to eat more healthily because when I eat junk food that leads to binge-eating, which eventually leads to me picking up a drink again. Things I find helpful to eat: fresh fruit, oats, dried fruit, nuts, tomatoes, herbs, spices, vegetables such as cabbage, bell peppers, peas, mushrooms, onions and garlic. Drinking plenty of water also helps. I keep a bottle of water close by most of the time. I use one of those bottles with the sports cap, as it's easier to just glug out of it without thinking.

I'm also trying to exercise more. I like walking. I also have a number of cardio DVDs that I've started rotating my way through. I really like my dance and tae-bo DVDs as I find these are two fun forms of exercise. With tae-bo you can get all your frustrations out and with dance you can just dance around like a loon; you don't have to get all the moves right!