View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 08:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by Breck View Post
I really loved drinking. I miss it a lot. I rarely, if ever, felt the hatred of drinking that many here talk about. I never really hit "rock bottom" because I have an amazing wife who convinced me to walk away from alcohol before it caused complete and utter devastation. So far, so good, but I still long for booze.
This loving of drinking, if honest, will be problematic as you continue to remain a non-drinker. You know, I think "rock bottoms" are whatever we say they are, and even we say what they are not - either way we call them for ourselves for all our own reasons and experiences is my thinking.

Having an amazing wife is a real blessing. I hope you realize how your love for drinking is selfishly competing with your loving appreciation for your wife, at least that is how I see your wording coming across.

Still longing for booze is not the best appreciation for being grateful for not drinking. I remember how I used to feel that way too. Something had to give for me, and eventually my saying goodbye to drinking also meant I didn't continue to long for it.

7 months is way awesome!!

Lose your frustration troubles and keep going with your new sober living life-style. Don't trash yourself with drinking.