View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Aems

I am at a point in my life where I am learning to let go of people, places and things. I have been consumed for the past thirteen years with stress related to job loss, relationship struggles, family of origin dynamics, in-law mental illness issues, my disability, getting older and all the things that go along with life. I don't handle stress well. I never have. I was born into this world as one of the more sensitive people. I have come to terms with that and have joined many support groups over the years that have been very helpful in learning to deal with an overly sensitive nervous system.

I am a seeker so I have made it a point to educate myself about the things that present themselves in my life that are troubling. The family narcissist, parental alcoholism, the childhood sexual abuse, the estranged family of origin, the schizophrenia and bi-polar in-laws, and a life partner that is too consumed with his own stuff to really even get to know who I really am, but that's his problem to work thru. I have enough of my own stuff. I have tried to help everyone fight their battles over the years, but now I'm done. Now it's my turn. If I don't do this and get it right this time, I fear that I will eventually die from my addiction. Even tho the amount of meds I take may seem small compared to others, it is a real problem for me.

I'm starting this today and sharing a bit of background for anyone who may care to read. Tomorrow I take a new step forward and begin another taper.