Old 08-02-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by SnoozyQ View Post
Today i got it , i finally GOT IT .The penny dropped.I DONT EVER want to drink again! I awoke with a bit of a spring in my step instead of feeling hungover-which is very unusual for this sluggish 51 year old nanna/ mum of 4. My son turns 34 and i'm here to see it. I felt a sense of euphoria , I dyed the greys out of my hair , made poached eggs and coffee for my daughter and i then i ventured into the shower to shave my legs .This was to be an ordeal as i hibernated like a bear for months and grew hair to match. 5kgs lighter after losing all that hair,i even put some makeup on and we ventured to the shops , bought my son his birthday pressies , got my hair cut , bought some nice warm clothes and pjs , did a bit of food shopping - which i usually detest , picked my 16 year old up from school , then came home to my bewildered dogs who couldn't believe i had been out all day. i'm sure i heard one mutter " wtf " .
Want to hear something fantastic? IT GETS EVEN BETTER! I just saw your sobriety date and you're coming up on 30 days. You're at about the point where I felt the same. I had a little bit of that maybe a bit sooner but you're on target with what I was feeling.

Day 67 now and if I could have ever imagined or dreamed that life could be like this I would have quit for good years ago. I'm thankful that I have it now.

Keep on keeping on, you have some awesome days ahead! Sure, cravings once in a wall but they're nowhere near what they were in the past.

Thanks for the post! I am so happy for you. So often we get to lament with someone about the similarities of being drunk. Even more awesome is to read posts from people who get it and are reaping the benefits of sobriety.

I read them and I want to hug them and say "See? See? This CAN be done and it's fan effing tastic!"