Thread: living on pins
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 04:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
spiderqueen

Originally Posted by wholelottarosie View Post
No we don't live together-there's been a lot of talk on his part about moving in together as soon as possible but I've not committed to it because of his drinking...I have children who I have to put first..it would be out of the question at the moment. Right now I am determined not to reply when he finally realises what an awesome girlfriend he's lost for the 2nd time. As i left i said i wasn't going back this time. I do deserve better but i know right now im angry and hurt but my worry is how strong my resolve will be when im missing him and sad.
Wow, our situations are so similar. Here's the thing: my ABF does keep realizing what he stands to lose, and he's EXTREMELY TERRIFIED about it. And constantly apologizing, and begging my forgiveness, and telling me I am the love of his life, etc. etc. And HE STILL KEEPS DRINKING. Because alcoholism is bigger than love. And until he changes for himself, nothing will change. TRUST ME. Take care of yourself and your children. That's where love IS enough.