View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 01:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
jkb

I am just confused as to who is posting misinformation on the internet. This is only my opinion but, how can one be misinformed that a recovery method works for them?

In RR I see myself as empowered to make a decision as to weather or not I continue to consume alcohol. There are certain techniques that help me in this. I DO NOT find it helpful to see myself as being "spiritually deficient" or "diseased". That would not work for me.

However, if I say "Yay my beast died. I am cured and will never drink again"... that is not misinformation. That is my perception and therefore it is truly what worked for me.

I may feel that it is unfair to label people as "diseased" which would also be my opinion. If that were my opinion I am not going to hop over to the twelve step area and say "You don't have a disease" because that would be rude and opinionated of me. If belief that it is a disease is helping someone to stay sober... ok. Maybe they do have a disease or dis-ease? I don't know that about them.

Hopefully this makes sense. In other words perception is reality thus it is not "misinformation". It is the thinking that helped them.

Also no one said that AV only exists when drinking... At least not that I saw. Maybe I missed it and to be honest I don't have the time to reread the whole thread to see if I did. However, that is not a belief of RR.