Old 08-01-2013, 08:19 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
jkb

Originally Posted by visch1 View Post
It's interesting that so many of us people that gave in to being powerless over alcohol have been recovering for many years, usually comfortable with themselves. We usually surrendered and asked for help in removing the desire to drink from us and it worked because we worked it. Your correct we are not little children in size however most of us have characteristics that mentally and emotional stunted us at an early age because of drinking/drugging. At those lettered meetings the slogans are fit for ALL people at a particular time. I found that when I got honest with myself things including me got better. I just wonder why when I see all the effort that goes into going against the tide is so important. Perhaps it's the characteristic of wanting all control, not having it most of the time and demanding themselves to be in charge of themselves. I know, to each their own. BE WELL

Absolutely. I do demand of myself that I am in charge of myself. In charge of my decisions and in charge of my ability to choose not to consume alcohol.

My best efforts have gotten me sober. It didn't take hardly any effort at all for me to get drunk...just throw on shoes and get to the liquor store.