Thread: living on pins
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 03:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lulu39

Originally Posted by Recovering2 View Post
We are not in our "right mind" when dealing with an active Alcoholic. We get caught up in their lies, their fantasies. We take on their blaming, etc.
That's so true.

I remember throwing good money after every single new FANTASTIC idea my XAH ever had: a new career, a new Uni course, a new vocational course, "if only I could have that amazing new keyboard my life would be awesome" - I bought it He would give sermons almost on how all our problems would be solved if only he could have XYZ or if only I would "let him" do XYZ e.g quit another job, buy that guitar.

"I want to be a gardener"
"I want to be a chef - I'm a SERIOUS cook!"
"I need to go back to music"
"I'm starting this FANTASTIC new business, I can work from home!" X 2 - DON'T EVER FALL FOR THAT ONE PEOPLE! We know why they like to work from home, right?
"I hafta quit this excellent job to go and run a bar for these people who have promised they will never **** me over because they know I have a wife and two kids"

I fell for it. Every single time.

And if you translate the statements he made in drunklish (above) what he was really saying was:

"Dang, I've burned more bridges. These people I'm working for have worked out that I'm a useless drunk who can't be relied on for anything. They've seen through my bullsh!t. I need to find something else to do which will allow me to drink and drug for a while, until I get caught being a lazy, drunken, liar again".