Thread: living on pins
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wholelottarosie

living on pins

Hi, Im new here but have a years worth of experience having an alcoholic boyfriend. We are not speaking at the moment because he's been announcing to family and me that he isnt drinking anymore starting on days which change to the next day, and the next and so on.
He's been an alcoholic for years, went to aa, was sober for 5 years and when we met he was sober. He then started drinking at weekends, then everyday and we split up earlier this year due to his secretive behaviour and all the usual traits that come with it. Six weeks went by and he messaged me saying he couldnt live without me, and was down to one can a night. He opened up to me and things were great for a long while till recently. the amount crept up and crept up, and he talked about stopping for weeks. His most recent stop day was monday...he had a small amount when he got in from work but did really well the rest of the night-his normal self. Tuesday he bought beer, and when i (nicely) challenged him about it he went crazy shouting (before he'd drank anything) and insisting it was his problem that only affected him, and after a while sent me packing.
Ive told him hes not treating me like that and now of course im getting the silent treatment-ive not contacted him i might add.
Im his rock, he cant live without me and all the rest of it...but he cant stop drinking so i feel that its easier for him to blame me and get me out the picture so he can have his cosy nights in with his beer. What girl in their right mind would settle for that?