View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 02:02 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Greensleeves

Welcome home, Reeny. I'm glad you made it through the surgery well and are recuperating at home. Congrats on six months, Liz. And happy birthday, Dee!

My husband and I are on vacation at the coast of Oregon, which is why I haven't posted lately. I've done okay with the cravings, but this is our first sober vacation. The first night at the hotel was difficult because they had a free happy hour. In the old days, we would have drunk as much wine as we could take in the two hours. Instead of drinking, we went up to the hotel fitness center and I ran for 30 minutes! No more cravings after that! And this is petty, but it was amusing to see all of the hung over hotel guests at breakfast the next morning.

Now, we are at a beach house on the coast and we spend most of our days hiking or touring the little towns. It has been absolutely wonderful. We cook our own meals and enjoy club soda with lime or hot herbal tea in the evenings in front of the pellet stove. We wake up fresh every morning and excited for our adventures of the day. I'm so thankful to be sober. Thanks to you all for walking along with me on this journey.

Back when I used to eat dairy, I was a huge fan of the cheese curd. I have family in Wisconsin so cheese curds were a huge part of our travels there. Delicious!

Last edited by Greensleeves; 07-30-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Typo from cell