View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
OT: Fractured my Ankle

Tripped the other night. My right foot felt like it bent 90 degrees inward. Still, I thought it was a bad sprain. But if I put weight on it, it feels like a nail going into my ankle, so I knew something wasn't quite right. I went to the doctor's this afternoon, got X-Rayed, and got the news.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning at our local orthopedic center. In the meantime, I've got a fiberglass cast and I'm hobbling around on crutches.

This sucks, don't get me wrong. But there are things that are much worse. For example, I would rather deal with a fractured ankle than deal with a duplicitous, manipulative, Borderline addict any day of the week. Bones break, unfortunately. But they heal, with time, and quicker than psychic wounds. Much quicker.

The thing that sucks the most is having to depend on people. I'm fiercely independent, and yet I had to call my nephew to take me to and from getting casted earlier today. He wheeled me out of there in a wheelchair. But, friends and family help each other out when help is needed.

Anyways, hope everyone's well. Time to hobble back into my living room...

ZoSo