View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 01:47 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Mvngon

Hi guys.

Just a quick check in--I'm pretty pooped. This weekend I attended a large music festival. It was sort of a "Woodstock" type event. The reason I am checking in to share this right now is that I just realized (also just got home) that something pretty significant happened over the course of the weekend. I had no thoughts of drinking...none at all. Not before, during, or after.

This event would have been a "blackout" type event for me in the past. I'm a little surprised that despite the nature of the weekend, and the rampant drinking and drugging, the thought never crossed my mind. Not once. Kind of odd....

I guess that I am putting this out there because I once wondered if I would ever be able to do things without the "obsession", and I did. It was very cool. I know that the thoughts are not over, and I know that I must remain vigilant, but it was very pleasant to enjoy the weekend without all of the mental chatter that has accompanied much of my first six months (almost!) of sobriety. What a joy and a blessing to truly see the fruits of all this hard work. The festival was simply awesome!!

Have a great rest of the weekend gang, and best to every one of you!

Much love,

MV

P.S. Love your flowers venus! They are truly beautiful!!