View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 06:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
jessieandme2003

Codependancy comes from unresolved childhood wounding... in any form.
Hmmmm. I am certainly codependent, and have been for as long as I can remember. I was a shy girl who always needed to have a 'best friend' to do everything with. I can see this going all the way back to at least age 8. As I reached teen years I replaced best girl friends with best boy friends. Boyfriends or best girl friends, I handled it the same -- I always was willing to do whatever they wanted and like whatever they liked in order to have them and not be alone. And I wanted to be with them all the time, I was uncomfortable without them

As far as something in my childhood, I think it had to do with being unattractive in pre-teen years, with bad skin and greasy hair. I think my social phobia along with my appearance kept me from developing into someone who was popular (I joined nothing, and had poor social skills), which led to low self esteem, which led me to be codependent.

As I blossomed and became actually quite attractive, I think it was too late to prevent my codependence. I could now get men easily, but tended to fall for the 'wrong' ones... the needy ones. I craved the passionate expression of adoration they offered verbally. Then they could manipulate my self esteem issues and fear of being alone to control me and keep me with little more than those words, while their actions did not match.