View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

Free detox, there is always some waiting list for a bed.

He should be on the phone to every free place he knows a few times a day checking in. It needs to be him and I don’t care how sick he is….He has to make the call. I am so and so, I am kicking and I need a detox bed. He has to keep saying his name and ask for a bed, be a pain in the ass and yet not to much a pain in the ass just the right amount, respectful and patient. Beds open up all the time, people just up and leave and if he is calling at the right time he can get lucky. I don’t know anyone who waited to long doing this within a day or so they had a bed. They were patient and persistent and respectful.

The guy at the one detox that pissed you off … well you know he deals with family all day, if it was your boyfriend who called he might have a bit more respect. They don’t want to deal with family even thought it is the family footing the bill. The addict needs to make the call for the best results that I have found.

And kicking can be dangerous if someone has a preexisting condition and I am going to tell you right now, that if he just started you need to make sure if he starts to hallucinate that you call 911. You are not equipped to deal with that at all, hell you aren’t equipped to deal with any of this….but you sadly will.

One good boundary, is my home is not a detox center.

If you have anyone you can have around for some support tonight and I mean all night if he is going to be there I would suggest that. If you can get your child out of the house tonight as well that would be a good idea too.