View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 05:45 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
LadyBlue0527
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by lessgravity View Post
The witching hour 6-8 is where I failed again.
Ok, you've isolated your trigger time. The next step is to plan and do something during that time that makes it impossible for you to drink. I didn't have witching hour, I had witching times. Friday night from the time I got out of work until I went to bed. Saturday after the laundry, cleaning, bills, etc were done. My rewards for putting up with work all week (funny, I actually enjoy work now) and for getting tasks done that were necessary, of course, after I dragged myself out of bed from being hungover from Friday.

Now, on Fridays, I have a preplanned movie to go to. Every week. Saturday nights are spent having dinner with my sponsor and doing Big Book work.

The first few weekends still kind of sucked and I had to ride the urge through. With each time I got past it the sense of empowerment grew. This coming Sunday will be 9 weekends with no alcohol and tomorrow is Day 60. If you told me that would be true on May 26th I would have told you that you were nuts. Having a plan ahead of time is extremely important.

This is key, what can you do between 6 - 8 that will make it utterly impossible to drink? If you want this you need to figure it out and make it a priority.