View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
cleaninLI

That is very true bluechair, there are many things that I regret "selling", while I was using. I compare it to being "possessed" by my drugs. Morning, noon and night that is all I cared about at the expense of my family, friends, health and life. Thank God, I stepped out of that cycle, and am able to survey the damage I've caused. It could very well take the rest of my life to gain back all that I lost.

About 5 months ago, during a time that I had run out of pills and knew I wouldn't be getting any for at least a week. I confessed to my husband that I hadn't actually stopped taking them when I told him I had stopped and that I would be sick from WD for a few days. He was very angry and said that he was "Fed up" and that if I didn't get outside help for myself, he and the kids would be leaving. I knew, after all I had put him through that he meant it. Fearful of losing my family and so sick from withdrawal, I asked him to take me to an outpatient treatment center. They referred me to a doctor that specializes in detox and addiction treatment. The next day the Dr. put me on suboxone and the following week I started attending the group sessions. With the help of the suboxone and the program I am attending three times a week and SR, I have managed to stay clean for 5 months now.

I just want to say that, I "sold" much more then the ring and other tangibles, it's the intangibles - my children's childhood, their sense of security and well being, their trust and respect for me -and many others, too numerous to mention. These irreplaceable things are what I regret "selling" more than anything.