View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 09:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ptcapote

It was a culmination of things. Passing out in an airport far from home and ending up in a hospital not knowing how I'd gotten there, getting hospitalized over a holiday and having to lie to everyone about what was making me "sick," thinking I'd be better off dead, hiding in hotel rooms drinking when I should have been working...lovely stuff like that.

But the final one was just walking around with an overall premonition that I was standing right on the edge of something really, really bad (hurting myself or someone else...or worse) and I just couldn't shake that feeling no matter how obliterated I got. Despite being a drunk for a long time, I have always had a good sixth sense so I figured it was about time I listened.

Logged on to SR that night and stayed here all night...that was five and a half months ago. Haven't picked up since. Think I finally got it through my thick skull about tempting fate.

And realizing I just might have something to live for, too

Thanks for the question, Ricky, and...hey...14 days!!! So happy for you! And so grateful for all the help you've so freely given me over the months...you rock, my friend