View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 06:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BlueChair

I already replaced his ring. I had time to contact the jeweler and order a replacement because we had all the paperwork for it. And I need to report it to insurance I think someone told me. I gave it to him while he was in the hospital. I guess I will have to just let it go. I had never thought about it being melted down for gold. I would prefer that than to think some stranger is wearing it. I think that bothers me the most. Yuck. He was happy and seemed very sorry that the other one was gone. He had tears and he says he doesnt remember but said it was possible he traded it for drugs. He didnt deny it or anything.

subordinary - I dont understand why your wife would pretend to have lost it and filed a whole report at the rehab. I mean does she not remember, or she thinks it will make you mad to know she traded or pawned it? And she had her engagement ring too with a stone. Thats awful. Im sorry because I know it must hurt. I dont feel angry really, just sad about it.

AnvilheadII - he went into rehab on Monday. Today is his 3rd day there. But he had been in the hospital for about two weeks. By the time he got out, he seemed level headed enough and was accepting he needed help. He said he did not want to ever do anything like that again, and he was afraid because once he started, he felt like it took him over. I guess it was lucky he has a nice watch, but he left it at home when he went missing. he had on some kind of sport type watch and its gone too. It wasnt sentimental though. Some friends went to some pawn shops, but I have never been to one. I dont understand how they work and Im wondering if a lot of the stuff they have is stolen, or lost due to drugs. If a person bought something and then someone came looking for a stolen item, wouldnt you end up having to give it back?

Everyone else - I guess i have a lot to learn about how far a person will go to get drugs when they are using. We had been told to shut down all access to money and we tried to do that. He only had what cash he had on him, so it makes sense he used his belongings like cash. Its hard to not be hurt a little though. I mean you feel like there would be some tie to the wedding ring, that a person would say no, not that. But i will come to terms with it I guess. right now Im not angry, it only hurts when i think about it, and makes me mad when I think someone could be wearing it. I hope it gets melted.