View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BlueChair

My Husbands Missing Wedding Ring

Hi, I have something that has been bothering me, or Im trying to understand maybe. It hurts when I think about it. When my husband was missing and he was out shooting up he somehow lost his wedding ring. It was more than his just shooting up he was also sick and had a problem with his stomach and an infection, and he was out of it when his friends found him. No one was able to find his ring. When he was in the hospital, I decided that I would replace it before he had to leave and go into rehab. I ordered one just like it because I had all the information on it. Anyway, he says he doesnt know what happened to it, and he doesnt think he would have ever taken it off, sold it, but he cant be sure. It could have also been stolen by someone. I know it doesnt matter, but I am wondering if other people have had something like this happen? I know when he was high he was not himself, thinking like himself, and if he wanted drugs bad enough and had no money then he would have traded it. It hurts and I want to be able to settle it in my mind. If anyone has had this happen, or maybe not a ring but something sentimental. How did you make peace with it, not be hurt about it. I also get sick when I think someone else might be wearing it, but I mean what usually happens to stuff like this? A couple friends tried looking at some pawn shops, but I dont know how that all works. Do they put stuff right out, or could it show up later? how much later?