Old 07-24-2013, 01:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BlueChair

Originally Posted by allthatsgood View Post
Bluechair, I was guilty of driving my son crazy when he came home from rehab the first time, just like Lizwig. Actually, it started as soon as he entered rehab with daily letters and phone calls whenever I was allowed to call. When he came home, I was constantly doing surveillance.....asking questions and reminding him of what he needed to do....like he was a baby and couldn't fend for himself. I think if someone did that to me I would scream at them. The transition was much better after his second stint at rehab because instead of coming home he went to a sober living house. I learned to back off....thank you SR members...and things went much better. Slowly, I started to do things for myself and stayed out of his way. The bottom line here is that everyone is giving you the best advice by saying to take this time for you...to recover, to relax. Your husband is where he needs to be with people caring for him. You need to care for you. Wishing you peace.
This is something that i havent thought about too much yet. I dont know how I will feel when he comes home. What happened didnt make much sense, he seemed ok then he disappeared using, then he came home a couple days. I was uspet, but I thought he would be ok and I dont think I treated him weird. And then all the sudden he disappeared again. But this time he didnt come home, we found him. I dont know how I will get past the fear of his maybe up and disappearing again. I guess I have it in my mind when he comes home, he will be ok again.