View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
upandup

Just wanted to chime in with words of support. I'd seen a doctor a while back for something else, and mentioned I'd stopped drinking. He prescribed a low dose anti anxiety medication, saying it would help get me to six months. That is one thing that's helped.

Another is to go somewhere (for me it was the library) and just write down every last thing I need to do. Getting it down on paper was helpful for me because I could drain it all out of my brain and put it in black and white. I then put it on the refrigerator. As I complete things it is very satisfying to cross them off. I remind myself I'm one step closer to having a freer, simpler life.

I don't know if it's anything that might help you, it has for me. And some days are quite honestly not good, no getting around it. I had a string of them recently where I couldn't even laugh at myself. Then I realized I'm coming up on six months and remembered reading that slumps can happen around milestones. Rode it out.

Hang in there, glad you posted. For each post there could be a dozen of others with your same thoughts - you're helping them too.