View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mizzuno

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I am sorry you're feeling like this. I wonder if you've talked to your dr about depression? I'm not sure if these negative and intrusive thoughts began after you stopped drinking? It's possible that medication and/or therapy could help you.

I know you're trying to focus on the positive, but remember that happy and joyous are not going to be there all the time. For me, peace is the emotion that I crave and have found in recovery.
Thanks Anna. Peace is not what I was thinking of. I should remember that life does have its ups and downs. These feelings are okay, until they become chronic. It just seems like life has been more down than up. Way more down.

I think a dr trip may be in order. These thoughts did start occurring after I quit. They were not chronic, and so I did not pay much attention. Now, it seems like its a nightly event, or daily struggle just to get moving. I do struggle with anxiety, and depression has always lingered in the background.

Ive been down the medication route before, and the end result was not good. I am going to go the herbal route and see if that will help. Also, talking with a professional may shed some light on the situation. Its funny that I help people with this type of crap all day long, and I cant seem to help myself.