Old 07-23-2013, 06:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lizwig

Oh my word allthatsgood....You just reminded me of something. I apologize bluechair....I promise I'm not trying to hijack your post...there's a good message/reminder here for us. When my son was in rehab he happened to mentioned they didn't do laundry often enough. He didn't ask for anything. What I "heard" him say was that he needed new sweats....and some nice soft high thread count v neck t-shirts.....and some new socks....and new underwear...I mean who doesn't like new underwear....oh and gum....and a slew of drawing supplies....and a couple of books....and a phone card (he already had one with minutes on it)....and a week's worth of cards with "open on this day" written on them and some nice sheepskin slippers. Wow. I blocked that completely. What on earth was I thinking? Alas...if I ever get the opportunity again....I hope to not smother him with my good intent. I hope instead to encourage him with my words and leave the work to him alone. I have learned so much. I will be forever grateful. I wish someone would send me a care package full of my favorite things!! Won't one of you take the hint!?