Old 01-03-2005, 01:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bjmt

prodigal,I have to go through the same thing. Going on a holiday is a nightmare! We were in Spain last Christmas for 7 days. AH spend most nights binge drinking..talking and talking..then crying..and finally passing out. On the second day there..he lost his passport. Took four hours of searching to finally find...that he had left it at the front desk of hotel. He was showing the desk clerk(a very pretty girl) that he was a British Nationalist. Of course he was stone drunk and didn't remember doing that. Most of the money we had taken to spend on sightseeing was spend on alcohol. I was glad to get back to the gloomy...rainy UK.
Two years ago we went to Scotland for a week. Stayed at a B&B. He drank every night,hid the bottles in our suitcases..so housekeeping wouldn't find his empty bottles.
How I handle the stituation? I tolerate it and in some ways..maybe I am a enabler. Don't really know. But know I have about had enough. Going on vacation(holiday) shouldn't be such a miserable occasion.
Sorry I can't offer sound advice..just wanted you to know you aren't alone in this.