View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 12:41 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Jeni26

I know very little about eating disorders, and I don't believe I qualify as having one. Not now. As a teenager I deliberately starved myself and lost a lot of weight. This I saw as gaining control over an environment in which I had none. The school authorities noticed first (not my parents!), and when my Dad found out he was angry with me. I don't really know why but it was not a great time. I don't know if I was even officially anorexic and my memories of that time are a bit blurred. I left home at 18, and went to college and ended up in a few long term but quite abusive relationships. Drinking then became my poison.

My eating habits have never been what you'd call normal, and I've had periods of starving myself as an adult but never to the extent where I made myself ill like I did at 13.

To be honest, the way I eat now, it's weird, but it isn't likely to kill me. It's a little worse since I gave up smoking admittedly, but sometimes I wonder if it is worth tackling at all. I don't want to become obsessed with it.

And there's a hell of a lot going on in my life that is bloody good. Am I talking myself out of this????