Old 07-22-2013, 10:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
I won't get complacent because I will never forget what poor decisions and self indulgence caused me to do to myself. Sorry I don't ascribe the addiction to voices or another personality telling me anything. I have thoughts where I think through the pros and cons, but it is all me. I was the addicted one desiring it. The devil, voices, were not outside me, nor something I could conveniently blame. It was not me! It was my scapegoat!
Itchy, I respect your thoughts and always relate strongly to your posts. A switch flipped for me as well, and it has not been much of a challenge for me either and it has been well over 6 years. Actually seems like a complete lifetime ago that I was a drinker. Anyway, I just wanted to point out that many do find it useful to personify their addiction in order to separate. I wanted to clarify that doing is simply a strategy, a technique that many find useful. No method that I'm aware of actually blames drinking on an outside entity.