View Single Post
Old 07-21-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

Hi Seraphine

For me,the only day to quit was today.There is always a reason/event to drink-your birthday,your husband's birthday, party,holiday, bank holiday weekend,BBQ with friends,Christmas day,work party, lunch with friends, a hot English summer's day

Putting it off never works as there will always be a future event.Today is theonlyday to stop.

For me, if I went out and drank 2 it would lead to more.Even if I managed it once I'd be so proud,surely I didn't have a problem? Great stuff.So next night back to 1-2bottles. Abstinence is the only way for me.

I stopped also when pregnant. It's easy to justify it but so easy to start again when the baby is born. I had to want to do it for me, which I did in the end.Through me quitting my son is now getting the benefits.

Nuudawn makes an excellent point. Forever seems so far. I started off thinking about staying sober today. As time goes on forever doesn't seem as scary.

Moderation didn't work for me either. I'm guessing if you're 42 you've tried it many times and know it doesn't work for you either. If you're truly honest with yourself that's what's brought you here.

As many people say on here,once you start having to think about controlling your drinking it is already in control of you.