View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 11:41 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Seraphine

Thanks everyone

Dee74, I only started drinking heavily around 2005. I can remember being shocked in 2004 when a work colleague said she drank half a bottle of wine a night......how naive!!! Had some bad things happen and drinking escalated, at the worst it was 2 bottles of wine a day. I cut down when trying for a baby, and when I fell pregnant with my son I stopped completely. And hardly touched a drop when breastfeeding. So I know I can do it, but my motivation isn't there anymore which upsets me because if I could do it for my son before why can't I do it for him now?

When I stopped breastfeeding I was only having the occasional drink and it didn't bother me. I did go to a local alcohol advice service (before I had my son) and they were very good but I don't have transport and at the time was caring for elderly relative, so it was awkward to get there and I stopped going. Couldn't go now because of my son.

Another question (sorry) is it best to reduce or go cold turkey? And another problem, it's my birthday on Friday and we have 4 hours respite for my son, hubby is taking me out for lunch. I really want to stop drinking today. But is it better to wait until after Friday? Can I go out and have a couple and no more than that and come home and remain sober at home? :?