View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 08:31 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
deeker

Originally Posted by OnawaMiniya View Post
Can you elaborate on this? Meaning, just your thoughts behind why you came to be motivated by this/in this way? What happened that you reached out in this way? How did it help you through guilt and shame?
I would be happy too. I don't go in depth about my faith often but I felt this was an opportunity cuz you asked.

When we ask for God’s forgiveness based upon Christ having already paid for our sins and our having trusted in Him as Savior and Lord, He forgives us. It is as simple as that (1 John 1:9). However, even though we are released from the bondage to sin (as spoken of in Romans chapters 6-8), we can still choose to wallow in it and act as though we are not freed from it. Likewise with guilty feelings, we can accept the fact that we are forgiven in Christ, or we can believe the devil’s lie that we are still guilty and should therefore feel guilty.

The Bible says that when God forgives us, He “remembers our sins no more" (Jeremiah 31:34).

If God forgives me Why shouldn't I. Guilt serves no good purpose. It is a useless emotion.

Remorse however means we are willing to amend the situation and make a change in our lives. Take action to not repeat same behavior. Is it hard Yup! But we don't have to do it alone. We have God who wants to help and he will if we reach out and seek him in everything we do. Ask him to reveal himself to you if you are not sure, he will. God Bless you!