View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
lookingforher

1)What made you WANT to stop drinking?

I didn't want to stop, but I had to.

2)What was the driving force(s) that motivated you to quit?

-heart rate was way up, the shakes, waking up at night to drink, drinking before work, getting deeper into debt, embarrassed (coworkers and customers smelling it), drinking just to feel normal, driving under the influence

3)What was your "bottom"?

passing out in the afternoon, waking up to drink more and pass out again, and then waking up in the night 2 or 3 times to drink to go back to sleep

4)What made you decide that finally enough was enough?

lying about not drinking and driving

5)If any of you struggled with having so much guilt or shame that you felt it was pointless to even try, or to care, what changed that thought process for you?

not sure how to answer

6)Before you got sober, what were some of your biggest obstacles to overcome before you were in the right mindset to achieve sobriety?

quit smoking 8 months before I cut alcohol off, when I stopped smoking my alcohol consumption increased greatly

7)Before you could admit to yourself or others that you were an alcoholic, what stopped you from accepting that truth?

crying because of guilt and feeling hopeless

8)What did it feel like to be judged for being an alcoholic?

I was an alcoholic for so long and so all my friends, family and coworkers knew it and were not surprised when they heard the news

9)How did you deal with enablers?

couldn't get rid of myself but I cut a lot of friends off

10)What aided you in being in denial? What did you tell yourself?

not sure how to answer, but I always would say to myself that one day I would be able to drive past the liquor store and not have to stop, that day has come