View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ilovemysonjj

Hi KariSue, I have been there done that too many times! The last time my son was arrested was the first time it wasnt due to stealing from me and that time I was so angry at him for blowing his chance at rehab! He really did a doozy and was so screwed up on a meth induced mania that he stole a loaf of bread after falling in a sewer culvert and was arrested for under the influence. I found out two days before he finally called me and we spoke twice on the phone before I decided to visit him. I don't know how old your son is, but trust me, they get tons of free legal advice from all of the other inmates in there LOL! I suspect when he is arraigned is when they assign the public defender, that is how its done here at least in california. Jail is the BEST thing that ever happened to JJ in that he got time to really stew about his situation and he is now on day 17 at a residential rehab at a ranch in the SD country. Its hard, but as many others will tell you, jail is much preferred to the streets or other dangerous situations. They will take care of him if he is in medical care.
You can always go the week after and if he gets arraigned, who knows, they may release him anyways.
Hugs,
TT