View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 09:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

welcome.I'm a mum of a little boytoo and realized years ago that I have a drink problem. It's got progressively worse and Iwas also drinking 1-1.5 bottles wine a night too. Since quitting my depression and anxiety have eased,making me see that the alochol was not easing it at all but causing it. I've tried to cut down many times over the years,never succeeded. Once I have 1 glassit turns into a bottle.Iknow I can'tjust have 1 or 2,don't see the point as drank to get drunk/merry. Have you tried to cut down before? For me,total abstinence is the only answer.I'm 7.5 months now and lose nearly 2 stones,feel miles better and am amuch better mum. I used to read on here aboutpeople quittingand their lives became so muchbetter.I was scpetical but it's true.My life has changed for thebetter in so many ways. Yours can too. It's hard in the early days,readjusting but you can do it if you are committed to quitting. I use AVRT/Rational Recovery-you can get the book off Amazon or lookat the website. Urge surfing also works for me.Plus SRof course,which I couldn't do without