View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 02:58 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Dunitall

Wow. What a thought provoking thread.

I can only agree that sobriety does not of itself bring an end to all problems. I have been going to AA since early October. I thought this was great and that I had found a way out of my alcoholism. No way! I didn't originally grasp what it takes to actually work the programme. So I've only really been working my recovery for a month now.

In this time, my ex fiancee asked me to leave our home. I've rented my own flat and we have spent the entire holiday season apart. I have used this time to read AA literature, get to meetings, speak to others in AA. I can truly now say that I'm learning what spiritual growth is. Without this discovery my life while having been unmanageable would also have become unbearable.

However, today I looked in the mirror and really liked what I saw. There sure have been some changes in me. So just for today, I WILL be happy.

The desire to stay sober and continue my recovery burns inside me with a passion. I will keep my side of the street scrupulously clean. I will become stronger. Tonight I will share my ESH with others in the hope that somebody can draw from it.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but working the programme you can be sure that there will be hope.

Rich