Old 07-18-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
BlueChair

Originally Posted by NightingaleSynd View Post
Do you think nsa sex is a healthy activity? We were friends first and that came later, I worry if we keep having sex it might mess with his recovery. And as someone else pointed out, the sex is no longer nsa for me since I have feelings for him. I don't want him to feel like I'm coddling him because he's "sick" but I also don't want to downplay his accomplishments. Where is the middle?
I dont know. If he has been there for you in your darkest hours, and you have been friends for a long time before the NSA happened, then do you think it is really NSA for either of you? It sounds like there is real feeling and friendship there. He may not be ready to announce it, admit it, or head for more though. But what do you want? I mean do you go out to dinner, watch movies, talk, or is it all just NSA now? Are you wanting to move in together, get married, have kids. Maybe that stuff is too much for him to think about.
guys arent ready for lots of reasons. Probably you should figure out your feelings and what you want and can accept from him, and maybe talk to him. This is part of life you know dealing with people and relationships. If he cant deal with it, or even talk about it, then he probably isnt anywhere near the place where you are in terms of commitment, and the future. Im no expert though. Never dated anyone in recovery. My husband has a drug problem and is going to be going to rehab. He wasnt using drugs when we got together though.