Old 07-18-2013, 11:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NightingaleSynd

Originally Posted by Carlotta View Post
Well, once you start falling for someone then you start having expectations. Obviously you two have now two different agendas: Him recovery and casual sex and you a relationship.
I would suggest you protect yourself and break it off. If you can borrow the book, read "He is just not that into you"
That will put things in perspective for you.
If he was truly into you, recovery or not, he would take the risk of an intimate relationship. Even thought it is advised that we wait until we have one year sober, it is not a set rule and if he truly was into you he would probably bypass that "rule". Many (included myself) have done it before....just saying.
Thank you Carlotta. I feel as if he wants to take our "relationship" to the next level but he has told me I intimidate him because I've never had drug problems and he has. I'm not sure what makes him feel this way because I honestly admire him, and you, and anyone who has ever been through recovery. I'm not sure I could do it.

I don't know if he's actually more into the idea of us being together or if I'm convincing myself he is.