Thread: First time
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 03:57 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Lulu39

Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Now how am I suppose to trust my "instincts"???
1: Well, you know he is hiding alcohol and hiding his drinking. So you know he is probably drunk most of the time. You don't need an instinct for that. Just accept that he is sh$tfaced most of the time.

He drove drunk with you in the car. Aren't you angry about that? If not, I suggest you try to get angry about that.

2: When/if you accept that he is sh$tfaced most of the time, then you also need to accept that he is unable to drive either you or your children anywhere for any reason. If you can't tell when he is sh$tfaced he is most likely always sh$tfaced therefore him + car + you/kids = NOPE.

3: If you believe he is sh$tfaced most of the time then you may need to consider the fact that he is talking sh$t most of the time. Drunk people can't NOT talk sh$t. They are always talking sh$t. They don't even remember most of the sh$t they try to feed you.

My XAH ranted and raved about how he was the most excellent husband and father in the entire world. All the time. I used to somehow believe it. I used to help that fantasy along by making our lives appear picture perfect - that's HARD CODIE WORK! I heard it so often, from him. When I totted up all the times he had f*cked up and realised how freakin' off his face he was all the time, I realised he was a crap husband and father.

I, however, was a most excellent co-dependent wife.