Thread: He's There!
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 08:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I vote no on getting involved with saving his license and there is nothing you can do if he doesn't want to take medication. He has that right.

He left the job unfinished. If you left a job unfinished who would bail you out? If I don't do my job then it doesn't get done. If I don't do my job I get fired. This is one of the reasons I do my job. If you bail him out of this then what does that teach him? Who will bail him out when you are not around anymore. How will he learn his lessons and grow?

He is having no natural consequences for all his bad behavior. He is manipulating and quacking. He isn't taking responsibility for his actions. Why should you take responsibility for his actions?

You have all been the victim this week and the person whos job was not finished was also a victim. How did your son become the victim in this? What did anyone do to him?

Ok, now I know I was kind of blunt, but I also know how you feel and how we are tied in emotionally. It's good to look at things so it helps us break the unhealthy bonds.

I'm glad he made it to his dads. I know you will do the best you can do right now and make the decisions you are emotionally capable of making. We grow a step at a time. Do the best you can and keep learning and keep growing. We need to keep reminding each other.

Hugs,
MG