Old 07-15-2013, 01:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Leshar

Hi, HuskyPup,

I'm sorry to hear how sad you feel and about what happened.

I too struggle with loneliness and have felt this way since childhood, and I'm an affable and kind person, but have always had difficulty connecting with ppl. I always thought i was a sort of misfit, that I must have given off some kind of aura that others picked up on, a neediness perhaps, that made ppl keep their distance.

I know that as I work on sobriety/recovery that, trite as it may sound, I need to like myself first, be able to be alone comfortably.

I do think its a good suggestion to try and find a social group, or volunteer position.
I'm just starting volunteering, had an orientation last week for one position, and it was much better than I had expected.

Do any cafes where you are have poetry evenings? A few where I live do. Don't know where you live but if there's a community website you could check this, or even post that you'd like to meet up with like minded ppl to start a group, same for bowling. I was even thinking of checking about bowling myself!

You're back, that's what matters. I hope you are able to get your car back soon.