View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 01:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
DrSober
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Originally Posted by HuskyPup View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, and I think I will call them. Like you, I find a group setting very helpful early on, especially. We had a SMART group for a while downtown, but the guy running it left. It was always just us to, but even that was a huge help. Something about the person to person contact, and not having to hold hands and talk about God really made me feel good about recovery, the way working just on my own hasn't quite been able to do. I've tried to not make a group a precondition, and have had more luck with this, though I do think it helps, to have physical contact, for certain people.
Yeah, and email them as well. I am really motivated to encourage people to start Lifering meetings myself - for sort of selfish reasons. I would love it if someday I could step into any major or mid-sized city in the United States and find as many Lifering meetings available as there are 12-step meetings - so that ALL of us seeking recovery can find a home that's comfortable for us.

If I hadn't found LR in the past few weeks, I probably still would be sober now - but it would have been a far harder thing for me to accomplish.