View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 06:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jasonL
DRUG FREE!

Hi dusty, and congratulations on your choice to live the clean life! I'm on day 4 and this has been one of the best days yet so far for me. I think you should try going as many places as you can and meeting EVERYONE! I could not believe how much you can learn from others and feel support and warmth just from striking up a conversation with a stranger. I would try to step out of my comfort zone a little at a time. You don't have to meet everyone in one meeting.....maybe try to meet one new person per meeting? Try setting smaller goals that you know you can reach like the meeting one new person a meeting or a week....that anxiety will go away. I have always been a very social person so I can't relate completely but I have also had problems feeling awkward and weird trying to talk to people sober. The best thing I saw in your post though is how much you WANT to quit and you're doing it for yourself.....thats huge. These forums really help me too. I hope we can support and give you courage on this website like everyone has done for me. Have a good, CLEAN, day