View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 09:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
thekl0wn
Just a Sober ******* Now

Vacations, Sans Alcohol

Just thought I'd share a brief note...

The girlfriend and I went on a short "vacation" this past weekend. It was my first trip while not partaking in alcohol. And I have to say: MUCH better than I expected! There were a few things in Indianapolis I wanted to see, but knew none of my friends would give it the time of day. However, my girlfriend is much like me...

Typically, trips involve when and where I am going to drink. I'll do some of the non-alcoholic items, but at some point I'm ready for a few drinks. And then a few more. It's all about getting blown out at that point.

This trip was different. I like a variety of things, art, architecture and all-around nerdy things. The state museum had a Star Wars exhibit... Pretty epic! We were able to walk the canal. We watched a crit race downtown. We went to the war museum. We spent an entire afternoon at the art museum. And we had some pretty good meals.

If nothing else, it was a great reminder that I don't have to drink to have a great time... And also reminded me that I need to get out of the little podunk town I live in and get to a real city!