View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 09:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bradychi

Hello, I'm a newbie

Yesterday I said goodbye to my best friend. We were together for 4 years. I suspected an alcohol addiction in year three due to the volume in one sitting, but it was very rare when he would drink. I had no idea who he really was. Thirteen months ago his best friend died during an accidental firearm discharge. Everything fell apart after that. He was spending upwards of $2,500 a month on alcohol and god only knows what else. He started lying to me about where he was and who he was with or he just wouldn’t come home. I soon discovered that the alcohol may not be his only addiction. He was a member on several websites to meet people for casual sex. I have come to find out that his friends and family think I am crazy because he has told them so many lies. They think I spend all of his money, and mistreat him. I have been reading these forums and feel so much better about my situation. He left me for a girl at the bar and moved to his mother’s couch. When he came to get the last of his belongings, I also took the car that I bought him. I felt like the meanest person on the planet until I read some of your stories. Thank you so much for being open and honest. I should be glad he left because I know I am so much better off, but, I do still love him and it sucks.