View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sobersovereign

long-time lurker, first-time poster

Howdy, all. Just introducing myself. I've been creeping these forums for a while, but finally registered today since I'm ready to quit and want to give myself as many tools and resources and as much community as possible, since I've been trying to quit for a long time but doing it mostly in isolation. Yeah, that really doesn't work so well. So my plan is to read and post here actively on a daily basis, go to as many meetings as I can, and to blog regularly about what I'm going through (soberandsovereign.wordpress.com, if anyone feels compelled.)

I've been on a multi-week relapse/bender of daily, secretive binge drinking, and went out last night and drank a lot. Not the most ever, by any means, but a typical night: pre-gamed with a six-pack and downed several pints at the bar. Picked up another sixer on the way home because you know, didn't want to stop the party too early. Of course I passed out about halfway through the first bottle. I feel terrible all the time, I'm in terrible shape and have really porked up this last year or so of very heavy drinking, and it just doesn't work for me anymore. I'm (almost) 35. I want to do things. I want to finish grad school (I've been one year away from graduating for like six years.) I want to find a partner. I want to do fun things in the world with other human beings that don't revolve around stale-smelling dark rooms and gut-busting pitchers of fermented grain.

Anyway, glad to be here, and looking forward to getting to know you all. Xo.