Thread: Seeking advice
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Kathleen41

Originally Posted by dripdry View Post
Oh, by running the meetings, I mean that I unlock, make the coffee, clean up and lock up. They are in my church and they don't let people who are not church members have keys. I chair the Mon meeting, but not the others. There are other AA members in my church so when I am not there there are people who will set up, etc. I miss a few meetings a month to take my mother to her appts. and there are always people happy to step in.

My sponsor said to pray about it and make my own decision, but she has made it clear she is against my going. She has also said a few times that if a person isn't interested in listening to their sponsor maybe they are not willing to go to any lengths. Things like that. So I feel that if I do choose to go she will no longer care to sponsor me.
To me, this sounds like controlling behavior. It sounds like you're operating out of fear. Personally I wouldn't want that type of relationship with my sponsor. It sounds like you've got other problems then whether or not to go on a church sponsored mission trip. Let go of your fear, And do what you feel like is the right thing for you to do.